Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sante Fe Chicken (Crock Pot!)

Unfortunately, I have another photo-less post. Fortunately, it tastes amazing.  Of course I found it on Pinterest.  I haven't been able to track down the original source, but it certainly isn't me! This is a VERY easy one to get started in the crock pot before work.  It goes like this:

3 chicken breasts (I just buy one package at the grocery store)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 jar salsa.

Set to "LOW" and that's it!  Well, that's all you do to get started.  When you get home from work (or when you're almost ready to eat), throw in a block of cream cheese.  I use neufchatel which is that stuff that's packaged just like cream cheese and is located right next to the cream cheese and tastes like cream cheese but because it has 1/3 the amount of fat, it has a different name. I cut this into a few strips.  Crank the crock pot to high. Wait half an hour, then stir.  You're done!

This can be served by itself, but the chicken falls apart, so we've eaten it on tortillas or with tortilla chips.  I usually make Zatarain's Spanish Rice with it.  It's a favorite!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)