Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bites

I love these. I love that they do not involve baking. I love how they taste. I love how easy it is to mix and match the ingredients. I've found a number of variations of this recipe online. The most basic seems to be this:

1 cup dry oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Roll into balls. Done!

I added 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. I've seen some recipes call for dried fruit or coconut. I just eyeballed the amounts. Mainly because measuring peanut butter and honey is more trouble than its worth. I used reduced fat peanut butter for my batch and couldn't taste the difference. I just made these tonight and the one....or two....that I sampled were delicious! Perfect mid-morning snack!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)