Friday, November 1, 2013

Holiday Candy Bark

I don't like sweet and salty together.  I realize most people do though, so when I'm making a treat for a group that is supposed to be sweet/salty, I'll follow the instructions (begrudgingly).  This recipe can be altered for different holidays.  Since we're so close to Halloween, I took that route.  I would have preferred to use Halloween Oreos, but since I picked up the ingredients ON HALLOWEEN, I seemed to have missed that boat.  Most all of these ingredients come in holiday versions (Oreos, sprinkles, and M&Ms) so this is a quick easy treat that you can match with the season!

Oreos
M&Ms
Sprinkles
Candy corn
Pretzel sticks
Vanilla candy coating (or white chocolate)

Lay parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet.  Spread out your Oreos, pretzel sticks, m&ms, sprinkles, and candy corn down.  How much you use is up to you.  I put three Oreos in a food processor and broke about four more up into chunks by hand.  I'll probably only crush up one or two next time.



Melt vanilla candy coating.  If you use one bag of this, it's not enough, if you use two, it ends up a little thick.  Next time I'll probably do one and a half.  Once candy coating is melted, pour over the other candy on the cookie sheet.  Place in the refrigerator for half an hour or so. To break into pieces, I used a meat tenderizer, placed the pieces into bags, and tied them with ribbon! Viola!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)