Monday, February 10, 2014

Steak Salad

I don't know that a salad counts as cooking, but this was good, dang it, and it's my blog.  It could have been a lot better though.  Steak is not my job.  I don't do steak.  David is in charge of steak.  However, due to the below freezing temperatures and the fact I decided to do this after he had gone to bed, I had to figure it out.

First, I marinated the steak in garlic herb marinade.  I seared it after heating a little bit of oil on medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side then I put it in the over and....overcooked it.

So.

Don't do that.

Anyway, this also included:
Spinach/Spring Mix Combo
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Avocado
Basalmic Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
Shiitake Mushrooms
Basalmic Reduction Drizzle
Homemade Ranch Dressing.

I think I'll have to make this again. And again. And again.  But with better steak. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)