Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Summertime

I can't deny that I love to eat. Anytime, anywhere. I have, however, learned that in the summer, my appetite decreases. I'm not sure if this is because of the heat or because I'm more active and just too busy and don't think about eating...but I usually have a 10 lb difference between my summer weight and winter weight. (I'm just glad it's not the other way around). Not only do I eat less, but I eat HEALTHIER. After a bike ride, I crave....applesauce. Weird, but true.

I recently received a new product for free to review called a spiralizer (spiral slicer, basically). I couldn't wait to try it on...a salad. Now, there are a lot of uses for the spiralizer like making vegetable pasta noodles, slicing cheese etc., but I ended up making a fresh summer salad. Just like this one:





A lot like this one. In fact, it IS this one. How bout that! Some spring mix, blue cheese, strawberries, avocado, carrots, cucumber and some balsamic vinaigrette and you're set!

Now, this spiralizer doesn't just come on it's own...oh, no...it comes with a cleaning brush, a lid to help grip the vegetable you are slicing and press it into the blades, a hand gripper, and a little mini cookbook. There are 2 different sides blades so you can slice thick (above) or slice a little thinner.

Bottom line? I love this! I really like the texture of the spiral sliced veggies. I don't know why it should make a difference in how they are cut, but it does! I'll definitely be using this for future salads. I've never really tried vegetable noodles but it might be worth checking out since it seems like it would be easy to do with this slicer! I'll let you know! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)