Saturday, March 16, 2013

Smoothies

A few posts ago, I discussed a product I use with smoothies.  You can see that post here.

As much as I love smoothies, my true love of breakfast food is...poptarts.  Yes, the over processed, not one thing good for you, college student, breakfast of champions.  I love them. Frosted brown sugar cinnamon.

Currently I'm 144 hours poptart free, so excuse me if I'm a little edgy.  You see I've recently started going to the gym in the mornings.  As long as I can remember, after a good work out, run, Zumba marathon, whatever, when I'm done I want FRUIT.  I crave it.  Back when I used to run pretty regularly (ancient history), I would eat a bowl of applesauce afterwards.  Needless to say, when I get home in the mornings, I don't want poptarts.  I want fruit.  So I've been making smoothies.  I use the product discussed above.  All I have to do is take one out of the freezer when I get home, and by the time I'm ready to leave for work, I can eat in the car.  Healthy and a time saver!

Today I'll share my 2 favorite smoothie recipes so far.

The first recipe is slightly altered from a recipe my co-worker gave me.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Frozen strawberries
Banana
Spinach
Peanut Butter
Orange juice
Almond milk
Honey

The second recipe I made up. About 15 minutes ago.  I'm drinking it now.  It's delicious, but it has a lot of seeds.  Maybe not so good for your way to work unless you have floss! :)

Triple Berry Smoothie
Frozen triple berry blend
Frozen peaches
Spinach
Pomegranate juice
Almond milk
Honey

I don't have amounts, because I've never measured.  You can't mess it up. They're in order from the ingredient there is the most of, down the the one I use the least of.  Don't let the spinach scare you.  YOU CAN'T TASTE IT.  Promise. Swear.  Pinky promise.  You can see little green flecks and that's the only way you would ever know it's there.  You can use regular milk too if you want.  I like the almond milk.  Less fat. Less calories.

Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes you'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sweet Baker designed by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)